Cisco IOx and Fog Applications
Harness IoT data, deliver insight, and drive digital business forward. (PDF - 505 KB )
Easily Develop and Deploy Fog Applications
IOx combines Internet-of-Things (IoT) application execution within the fog and offers highly secure connectivity with Cisco IOS technology, as well as powerful services for rapid, reliable integration with IoT sensors and the cloud.
By bringing application execution capability to the source of IoT data, customers can overcome challenges with high volumes of data and the need for automated, near-real-time system responsiveness.
Fog applications offer customers and ecosystem partners the ability to transform IoT sensor data and perform control functions within the distributed network infrastructure. With the support of IOx included in routers, switches, and compute cards, the distributed IoT network can function as the compute environment for fog applications. Examples of deployed fog applications include site asset management, energy monitoring, and smart parking.
Get Started Developing
IOx allows application developers to work in the familiar Linux application environment, in their choice of languages and programming models, with familiar open-source development tools. Learn more about DevNet.
- Cisco IOx and Fog Applications (3:15 min)
- Cisco IOx and Fog Applications At-a-Glance (PDF - 268 KB)
- Lordan (Customer) Case Study (PDF - 786 KB)
- Neo Silica Case Study (PDF - 420 KB)
- Emerald (Partner) Case Study (PDF - 420 KB)
- Mazak Case Study (PDF - 393 KB)
- Fog Applications and the Cisco IoT System (1:09 min)
- Cisco IOx and Cisco Fog Director Ordering Guide (PDF - 974 KB)
Better Secure Your Business
Increase security and compliance with the Cisco IoT System.
Get Connected in Minutes
Introducing the Cisco Jasper and AT&T IoT starter kit for developers.Order today